Sunday 3 June 2012

Adding Google Search function on Blogger

Wouldn't it be cool if your blog have a Google Search function? Especially useful when your blog post numbers in the hundreds, nay, thousands! It's like having a mini Google on your blog!








  1. Let start by signing in to your blogger account
  2. Go to Layout
  3. Click Add a Gadget -  I put my Google Search Box widget on the Top Right side of my blog
  4. Select the Search Box from the list




5. Key in the Title for your widget. I named mine Search My Blog!



6. Choose your preferred Tabs option. 
    - This Blog : Google will only search the contents of your blog
    - Linked from Here - contents from any site linked from your blog will be shown
    - The Web - contents from the web will be shown  

Choosing your Tabs option is entirely up to your preferences. 
I just choose This Blog because I want my visitors to wander within my blog only.
Yeah, I'm that possessive  ^-^


7. Then just click Save.

Your Done!
Drop me a comment if you have the time..




My next post : Adding Feedjit visitor tracking widget


No comments:

Post a Comment